DrinkGreen Spring Clean
We are over the hump and now we are closer to the end of DrinkGreen’s Spring Clean Challenge!! Keep pushing, 2 more days to go! You have opened up a new chapter in your journey and may have noticed several changes in your body as well. After these 7 days are over you should be somewhat adjusted to your new lifestyle! A new lifestyle full of daily exercise and healthy, better food choices!
Lets get started with Day 5
Below you find:
Daily DrinkGreen Smoothie
- Daily tip
How to incorporate exercise into your daily routine….
Exercising actually helps to normalize and even out any fluctuations in your blood sugar levels. When your blood sugar levels are steady you won’t feel that starving feeling as often. Exercise also activates your muscles, which means you begin to burn fat rather than carbohydrates. This reduction in the burning of carbohydrates maintains your blood sugar levels in a more balanced manner, too. We can all agree that burning present fat on your body instead of extraneous carbohydrates in your system would be a definite benefit of exercise.
When you raise your metabolic rate from exercise, the cells in your body will burn oxygen more efficiently. This will then help you to use the nutrients from your diet more effectively. It also helps your body to eliminate waste products and this means that you will be getting better nourishment from the foods that you eat. When you get better nourishment you won’t require the same quantities of food to feel fulfilled.
Here are 10 easy ways add exercise to you day:
1. Exercise first thing in the morning. Get up 20-30 minutes earlier and get your workout in first thing during the day.
2. Start taking the furthest away parking spot and get in a few extra steps between your car and the shopping center.
3. Take a “walk break” whenever you can find the time during the day. Taking short 10 minute walks a few times a day will do wonders for your metabolism!
4. Play with your kids! This is great attention for the kids and great activity for everyone.
5. Choose the stairs over the elevator.
6. Choose a restroom that is the furthest away if you have an option.
7. Try to choose an active activity right after work. A walk or even gardening or housework is better than just sitting on the couch.
8. Walk, jog, or stretch when you are waiting for dinner to cook, the laundry to finish up, or for your child to be finished with an activity.
9. It is perfectly acceptable to break up your intense workouts. You want to have at least 30 minutes of cardio every day — but if you split that 30 minutes into three, ten minute sessions you will find this more manageable.
10. Turn your housework into exercise. When vacuuming try to use your arm, back and abdominal muscles to push the vacuum. When loading the dishwasher, maintain good posture as you are bending and straightening and keep your abs tight. Scrubbing floors, cleaning the bathtub, gardening, and mowing the lawn are great ways to burn some extra calories.
- Daily DrinkGreen Smoothie
Blueberry Banana Green Smoothie, makes 2 servings, 158.4 calories per serving, calorie credit to MyFitnessPal.com
- 1.5 cups of Spinach
- 1/2 cup of Kale
- 1/4 celery stalk
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2/3 bananas
- 1/3 cup of strawberries
- 1 tbsp of chia seed
- green tea
- honey or agave
Vitamin A 173.1%, Vitamin C 89.0%, Calcium 13.7%, Iron 15.2%, Total Fat 3.1g, Sodium 34.4mg, Potassium 322.6mg, Total Carbs 35.2g, Dietary Fiber 7.9g, Sugars 20.3g, Protein 4.2g
- Dinner Suggestion
SALAD!!! Cant go wrong with a good ole fashion salad for dinner!
- Romaine Lettuce, Spring Mix, or Kale
- red onions
- fresh garlic
- fruit of your choice
You can eliminate the calories of salad dressing by adding lemon juice and olive oil to your salad or even squeezing fresh juice from an orange onto your salad. If you have to have salad dressing use VERY little! Remember NO cheese!
- Exercise Tip
We hope that by now most you have your BlackGirlsWorkOutToo DVD, however if you do not here are more basic exercises you can add to your daily routine. Remember WATER! WATER! WATER! then….MORE WATER!
Take a walk around the neighborhood
Take the stairs, Move it!! FAST!
basic crunches sets of 10 repeat 5 times
basic squats sets of 8 repeat 4 times
Jumping Jacks 4 sets of 25
You can also do several sets of the exercises shown in the picture from the BlackGirlsWorkOutToo DVD above.
NO BREAD! 2 MORE DAYS TO GO! YOU CAN DO IT!
Please click on the link below. This link will take you to some very good information on bread and your health.
Be encouraged that you are not alone but an IMPORTANT part of OUR Common Unity (Community). We are not encouraging diets or focusing on losing weight….. We are DETERMINED to CHANGE our lives. This is very important to sustaining a healthier life and the time is now. You have been using this past 7 days to begin telling yourself something different! To start making different and better food choices….slowly… as we all know changing your life is a process. This is a NO GUILT PROCESS… take your time…BUT DO IT. Know that you are IN the ongoing process and BE PROUD that you have reached THIS point. Your lifestyle change journey does NOT end with this challenge! You are changing your life… One day at a time! EVERYDAY!
The Ladies of DrinkGreen4Life,
~Ife & Renee~
Connect with Us!